When you undertake a kitchen remodel work, you for sure would aspire for one of those dreamy kitchen designs that you see in magazines. You want the result to be nothing but perfect. With so many choices and decisions to make be it stainless steel benches or the color of laminates, the whole process can become quite overwhelming so here are some essentials with which you can create a perfect kitchen.
1. Start with the big picture in mind
You must start evaluating the current landscape and reviewing the elements of the kitchen. Also, look at the whole home as one entity and analyze how the kitchen relates to the adjacent rooms. You can then create drafts of different layouts so that the final result does not come as a surprise.
2. Plan the use of space
While planning the layout discuss details of how you use each space with your contractor. For instance, your morning routine, your use of the cooktop, or the need for separate stations for baking, juicing will define the layout.
3. Make clusters
The concept of the kitchen triangle has been in use since the 1940s. As per this concept, the refrigerator, sink, and stove make a point of a triangle and for the highest efficiency, they must be at a certain distance from each other. However, today the idea of clustering works better. Experts suggest sink, stove, and prep counter can be one cluster while refrigerator and pantry can be one cluster.
4. Contain the chaos
In the kitchen, there are multiple sources of potential chaos. There is water, one can slip. There is fire, which can be risky for tiny tots. Therefore, the sink and stove must be away from the walkway. Create a small designated area where people can linger around but not step on the toes of the person cooking.
5. Choose materials wisely
The final choice of materials depends on your personal preferences and your budget. You must bear in mind that no material will maintain its new sheen and look forever. So, choose the materials wisely, after proper research and discussion with your contractor.
6. Rethink the lighting
A kitchen looks best when it is washed in natural daylight, so it is wise to plan a layout that allows you to leverage the natural light and the outside views. With the modern fixtures of lighting, you can add a very contemporary and unique look to the kitchen.
The success mantra is to take cues from the architecture of your home so that the renovated kitchen makes sense as a part of the home. It should not be a complete mismatch from the rest of the house. You must try to create enough storage space with quality cabinetry and enhance the functionality with elements like modern kitchen range hoods.
Keeping the above essential elements in mind will help you plan your kitchen upgrade better. It is important that you plan your budget and then stick to it as the project progresses. Choose a reliable and experienced contractor who can deliver the job as per your expectations.
Kitchen upgrades are among the most popular renovation projects and it is also one of the most satisfying home remodels. The kitchen is the centerpiece of your home and a fresh and unique look of the kitchen will give you a lot of comfort and make your kitchen more functional. With a good remodel your kitchen becomes a compelling epicenter of the home and increases the value of your home.
But when you consider a kitchen renovation some questions will crop up in your mind like how much will you need to spend, how much can you afford and what to expect from the remodel.
How much does a kitchen remodel cost?
Although the exact cost of remodeling a kitchen depends on various factors and choice that you make, reading this piece will give you some idea of what to expect. According to a study published by Houzz, a large kitchen renovation’s median cost is $20,000 whereas that for a small kitchen is $12,000.
The exact amount that you need to spend depends on your budget and the reason of making the upgrade to the kitchen. If you are opting for only basic functionality upgrade, there are many DIY packs available. On the other hand, if you are planning to make a kitchen of your dream that you have been craving for while you flip through home improvement magazines, then sky is the limit. Thus, the exact cost will vary depending on the level of upgrade and design you are aspiring for.
The estimate that you will get on various online sources will not include the cost of white good, so while chalking out your entire budget you must include the cost of white goods. You must also create a balance between the appliances and hardware like cabinetry. High-end appliances in a kitchen with low quality cabinetry will stand out awkwardly.
If you are upgrading your kitchen before you put the property on sale, you must create a kitchen than appeals to a wide range of potential buyers. Try to go for simple color palettes and classy looking cabinetry. Most buyers look for good kitchen and bathroom in a property they intend to buy, so make sure your kitchen upgrade suits the property type and the locality.
While you are planning your budget, you must keep aside about 20 percent for unexpected and unplanned needs. Some unexpected surprises can be very expensive such as water damage or electrical circuit issue. It is also important that you stick to your budget and your plan as the renovation project progresses. Adding additional features can instantly shoot up the expenses and this will lead to a domino effect of inflating your budget.
If you are looking to renovate your kitchen but don’t want to spend a bomb there are several inexpensive options to choose from. You can choose laminate flooring, add paint to the existing cabinetry or add functionality with stainless steel benches. Look for these money-saver options without compromising on the quality so that you get the kitchen of your dream!
We all know that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. What does come to your mind first when you think of good health? Man is made up of what we eat. Hence, having a rich and nutritious diet is a must for everyone irrespective of age and gender. Just like you can’t pray in the untidy prayer hall, it is impossible to cook healthy in a filthy kitchen.
With most commercial eateries moving to best health practices, it is equipotential to implement the best kitchen habits at your place. Out of all of the features, exhaust canopies are one of the best implementations to ensure the safety and well-being of your family. Some of the other best methods to set up a healthy kitchen cover:
- Arrange your appliances: Set your kitchen appliances in the best pattern of use. You can line up juicer, toast makers ahead while keeping the big appliances after the smaller ones. This will inculcate easy access at all times.
- Repair the worn outs: Don’t keep faulty appliances in your kitchen. This will decrease the health standards as leftover food can spread a bad smell. Don’t compromise on kitchen range hoods as they are on the duty of keeping your kitchen environment clean and healthy.
- Indoor herb plantation: You can plant the best herbs like oregano, cilantro, basil, etc. in your kitchen only. Adding a little of these herbs to your drinks and dishes will give you the best organic nutrition.
- Set up your pantry: The arrangement of your pantry is ideal to ensure the supply, requirements, and usage of your food. It is best to set your pantry according to the expiry date to ensure safe items’ usage. Incorporating the best healthy items can raise the food standards at your place.
- Keep your refrigerator organized: The refrigerator houses the perishable kitchen items. Hence, it is vital to keep it clean and organized at all times. Don’t keep the items for a long time that affects the nutritional worth of the eatables.
- Proper lighting and ventilation: Proper lighting over the cooktop ensure the best environment for cooking. Ideal ventilation with a proper exhaust system is a must to maintain the healthy environment of your kitchen.
- Efficient plumbing: The drainage of the wastewater and faucets for freshwater should be separated from each other to prevent contamination. Always go for closed drainage to avoid smell issues and pests entry in your kitchen.
- Pest Control: Ensure zero-tolerance for pests like flies, cockroaches with the best exterminator services. This prevents the entry of disease-causing germs and viruses along with pests.
- Regular cleaning: Just like any machine requires scheduled maintenance, your kitchen can’t survive without a regular cleaning regime. The best appliances and kitchenware is in dire need of proper cleaning.
It is of utmost importance to cooking in a healthy kitchen. While an exhaust canopy is highly useful for a clean kitchen environment, the early adaption of other eating habits is a must. Multiply your kitchen experience by practicing the best healthy habits.
Making a new kitchen or renovating your old one always lands you in budget issues. Owning an expensive looking kitchen doesn’t only awe your visitors but adds to the resale value of your place. Considering the kitchen appliances a fixed cost, you’re left with the other active components.
For example, including the stainless steel bench works best when you need to add the best look to your powerhouse. What if you can get the best expensive-looking kitchen at highly affordable costs only? Let us help you to achieve this with simple yet powerful steps:
- Changing the kitchen cabinet colours: The kitchen cabinets are the first point of attraction. These storage spaces can be granted a new look with a splash of fresh paint. You can do minor repairs if required before the paint only. Henceforth, you get the best-looking kitchen cabinets at the least costs.
- Dress up your kitchen with light accessories: Including some fresh flowers or little accessories can add to your kitchen value. You can go to the motivational posters encouraging healthy habits. Enjoy the feeling of eating in a five-star restaurant at your home only.
- Change the lighting: Replacing your kitchen lights with cost-effective LED’s can change the entire look of your place. You can light up your kitchen with beautiful light accessories like lanterns that blend well with your interiors.
- Replacing the flooring: The old, worn-out flooring of your kitchen is best to be replaced with a vinyl coating. It doesn’t only add a glossy look to your kitchen but adds to its visual value. Also, the vinyl flooring is light on your budgets.
- Kitchen top surfaces: You can go for different finishes on the kitchen top. It facilitates smooth working and ensures the desirable looks at your place. It is one of the best ideas to give an expensive feel to your work station.
- Painting your appliances: While most kitchen appliances have definite costs, you can paint them in stainless steel finishes for the best looks. Infusing benches made up of stainless steel works wonder in giving your kitchen an expensive stainless steel look.
- Refurbishing kitchen walls: While most of the kitchen walls are covered with appliances or kitchen cabinets, it is mandatory to take care of the leftover wall space. You can refurbish the kitchen walls to match it with the stainless steel look of the appliances.
- Keep it simple: Luxury is simple yet powerful. Thus, you must go to keep your kitchen simple and powerful. All you need to do is include the best but keeping it clutter-free only.
- Increase open space: Try to increase the kitchen’s open space by arranging the appliances and seating. It will not only add to the luxurious looks but ensure the best kitchen management.
Giving your kitchen an affordable makeover is the dream of many persons. You can make it look expensive while staying low on budgets. Stainless steel benches are highly appreciated in giving a classy look to your kitchen without compromising its efficiency.
The kitchen is the bright spark at your place. While searching for the best for your kitchen, it is hard to miss the highly-functional kitchen range hood. Kitchen range hoods are ideal devices that remove the smoke, grease, and cooking smell out of the kitchen. Hence, it is an essential commodity to keep the kitchen’s environment clean and highly workable.
Using a kitchen hood at your place can be the best decision of your life as modern kitchens are incomplete without them. Markets are flooded with highly-acclaimed products that tend to be ideal for your daily use. Whether you’ve to cook, fry, or steam, a range hood is the next need after your cooking skills. Let us help you with the best buying guide key pointers that ensure to make your exhaust canopy’s purchase smooth.
- Size: Kitchen hood works in coordination with your stove or cooktop. Thus, it is important to match its size with the accessory down below to ensure efficient operations. It is best to go on your hunt for a kitchen hood with accurate measurements of your cooktop or stove only. This helps you to buy the just-right product within your budget range.
- Type: There are different types of exhaust canopies. You can go for any of these according to your requirements. You can choose from the under cabinet hoods, island hoods, downdraft hoods, and wall-chimney hoods. These types are based on the placement of the kitchen hood and its supporting accessories. Placing it alongside the walls or putting it under the cabinets, all work according to your kitchen interiors and appliances’ location. If you don’t want any structure over the roofs, you can go for the downdraft kitchen hoods that operate on the floor buy creating reverse suction.
- Air Flow and CFM: Kitchen hood’s job is to extract the air from your cooktop. Hence, it is important to check the airflow of your device as it determines the efficiency of your kitchen hood. You have to benchmark the CFM or cubic feet per minute before purchasing a kitchen range hood for you. It is dependent on the exhaust motor of your kitchen hood.
- Speed Control: Using high power at light functions is as bad as using low power for high functions. Thus your kitchen hood should have different speed features to match the versatility in your kitchen usage.
- Noise Levels: Including a noise creating kitchen hood can be the worst experience of your life. Thus, you have to keep a check at the noise levels as it is due to the mechanical parts of the kitchen hood.
- Try to bring harmony in CFM and noise levels of the kitchen hood.
- Look for additional features like light, emergency alarms, etc.
- Consider your architect before installing a new range hood.
Range hoods are available in different types, designs, and features. It is highly recommended to choose it based on size, types, and features like speed control, airflow, and noise levels with affordability at the center.
Stainless steel is one of the toughest metals used in our daily lives and is the most resistant to corrosion when it comes to exposure to the environment. This is the reason why it finds itself being used in a myriad of cases where a lot of wear and tear is expected like sitting spaces in public buses, trains, public parks, hospitals, etc. Stainless steel benches can be found in most of the public areas and nowadays, these are used in private spaces as well. One of the reasons is that they offer a modern look to your private space with unmatched ruggedness.
Being tough and rugged, however, does not mean that stainless steel will never require any care. The metal requires little maintenance however; some maintenance is warranted like once a year as there are certain contaminants which if settled on the surface can render the metal weak. These contaminants meddle with the protective layer that forms naturally over steel surfaces and makes it ineffective. This not only increases the life of the steel but also keeps it visibly aesthetic.
How to take care of your steel: The preventive way
When kept in the external environment, stainless steel performs remarkably well. Even in the rains, it does not get bad or corroded easily. Having said that, it is not just water that is present in the environment, especially after the roads undergo de-icing during the winters. The salts present in the de-icing agents can damage your stainless steel bench in the long run. If you live along the coast, then the salinity in the air will harm your steel and within 3 years you will start seeing signs of harm. The recommendation here is that you clean the surface of steel at least once a year in regular environments and twice a year if you live along the seaside. Using a solution of mild detergent in warm water will be enough to take care of any contaminants that might harm the surface. Thoroughly rinse the bench and repeat. This shall keep the stainless steel bench working for years.
What to do in a commercial or industrial setup?
Maintaining stainless steel benches can be a nightmare if they are not installed in a suitable environment. For example, it is advised not to install them in a construction environment. Cleaning acids used for stones and concrete can cause serious damage to the steel surface and it might quickly become susceptible to corrosion. Another place where stainless steel should be avoided is proximity to metal grinding and iron welding machines. Grinding and welding produce a lot of iron particles that easily clog to any surface, especially steel.
Over time these will oxidize and eventually rust, completely changing the look and functionality of the steel installation. For adhesives or oily environments, you need to clean the steel surface using alcohol regularly for longevity. It is important to take care of your steel installations and seek professional help whenever you are confused or are not sure what to do. In case you have any queries, please get in touch with us at A1 Custom Stainless & Kitchens and get the best service you can hire.
An exhaust system is very essential for a commercial kitchen like a restaurant or a bakery. A good exhaust system removes the smell and smoke from the kitchen. For a restaurateur, selecting an exhaust canopy can be a daunting and confusing task because of the multitude of options to choose from. Some people focus only on price and end up making a mistake by choosing from exhaust canopies that do not filter the sir properly, consume more energy and need maintenance and repair more often.
Some key considerations for making a choice can be:
- Height of mounting and size: When you are selecting an exhaust canopy, you must choose the size per the layout of your kitchen. You must weigh the area and understand the space taken by other appliances. In an ideal setting, the canopy must cover the complete area that is taken by the appliances. This will prevent grease and smoke from settling on the other appliances. The mounting height must be proper and appropriate for the effective functioning of the exhaust.
- Design of the canopy: It is very important to choose the right design of the exhaust canopy and this depends on the size of the kitchen, the cooking appliances, and the type of food that is majorly cooked in the commercial kitchen. The most commonly available designs of exhaust canopies are:
- Island hoods: These canopies hang downwards from the ceiling and are installed in an island configuration over the cooking appliances. The exhaust volume is the highest in this design.
- Double island hoods: These canopies are best suited for larger kitchens that have multiple cooking appliances in the kitchen.
- Wall-mounted hoods: These are mounted on the wall, over the cooking appliances. These are larger and hence require more exhaust volume as compared to smaller ones.
- Design of the ventilation: Smoke and grease when allowed to build up in the kitchen can become a health hazard from the personnel in the kitchen space. Hence, the kitchen becomes one of those spaces that need the best ventilation system. When it comes to a commercial kitchen, an unpleasant odor can lead to loss of clients and hence the business. Therefore, a canopy which provides good ventilation is needed in the commercial kitchens. A canopy that provides good ventilation will remove maximum grease, odour, and smoke from the kitchen. Exhaust rate and makeup air are two important factors to look at. A kitchen where there is more heat, grease and smoke needs a higher exhaust rate. The unit for exhaust rate is CFM or cubic feet per minute. The fresh air that replaces the air removed from the kitchen is called makeup air and is responsible for removing odours and restoring the air quality in your commercial kitchen.
If you are looking for a good canopy for your commercial kitchen and need the advice to choose the best option, feel free to reach out to us at A1 Custom Stainless & Kitchens. For a free quote give us a call on 0738887534.
Range hoods collect the odors generated due to cooking, moisture and airborne grease. While this is the basic functionality of all range hoods, they are all created differently and have a different mechanism of air purification. They make the process of cleaning easier as they remove the contaminated air from the cooking stove which is the primary source. Some kitchen range hoods are designed to channel all unpleasant odor and unhealthy smoke out from the kitchen and some work on recirculation of air after cleaning it using filters and fans. The law of the land does not mandate installing a hood, however you must think well and then decide whether to keep or forgo the hood in your kitchen.
Different types of hoods:
- Ducted or vented hood: If you cook very frequently in the kitchen a ducted hood will help you in removing the polluted air from the kitchen by pushing it outside. A point to note while installing this type of hood is to make sure that it ends outdoors and not in a closed space like an attic.
- Ductless hood: This type of hood has a charcoal filter and a fan. The charcoal filters the air and removes odor, smoke, and grease. The filter needs to be replaced regularly for the good efficacy of this hood. In comparison to the vented hood, the ductless hoods are not as effective. The installation process of ductless kitchen range hoods is easier and they are more affordable.
- Downdraft system: These systems are built-in as a part of the range and are often placed on the stovetop very near to the burners. A lot of users say that this system pulls the heat away from the cooking stove.
Benefits of using a range hood:
The below benefits of using range hoods prove why these are an essential component of the kitchen and why you must take a wise decision while choosing for or against them.
- Improved air quality: This is the most important role and benefit of a hood. It eliminates the pollutants, odor and potentially toxic gases from the kitchen. This purification of air also reduced the possibility of germs, mold and bacteria growing in the kitchen.
- Removal of excess heat and moisture: A hood removes excess heat that is generated during cooking and makes the cooking experience more comfortable. This makes the kitchen a little cooler and you can also save money on your air conditioning.
- Adds to the beauty of your kitchen: A hood when properly selected gels well with the overall design of the kitchen and becomes a part of it. An elegant hood adds to the appeal of a kitchen.
- Provides additional lighting: The interiors of the hood have additional lighting for illuminating the cooking space. However, different designs of hoods have different lighting. The high-end models have a wide array of designs and effects of lighting.
If you are planning to install a hood in your cooking space and need any information about it feel free to reach out to us at A1 Custom Stainless & Kitchens. You can give us a call on 0438 007 040.
Stainless steel equipment is a favoured option for lots of houses. This is due to the fact that stainless steel’s soft finishing integrates well with the majority design as well as provides the kitchen area and bathroom with a modern, sleek look and feel. Additionally, stainless steel is very well recognized for its strength against rust and heat, due to its protective covering. Nevertheless, it is never stainless from water areas, lines; as well as fingerprints. For that reason: it is essential to clean and preserve stainless steel appliances to keep them looking their very best and endure longer. Cleaning stainless steel equipment or appliances can be a DIY task, for sure. However, you can work with a professional for a hassle-free task. Below are methods on how to keep them shining
Fundamentals of Cleaning Stainless Steel
- conform to the grain when cleaning up. Stainless steel comprises of a whole grain that runs both horizontally and vertically. It is suggested to follow the grain whenever polishing and cleaning the appliance for further shine.
- stay away from steel wool, abrasive scrubbing pads, as well as other hard scrubbing materials. These kinds of abrasive components can harm the protective level of the appliance, generating the steel below to be susceptible to damage. A micro-fibre cloth will work best when cleaning up stainless steel appliances as it digests as much water as possible as well as does not scratch the area.
- Do not utilize products that include chemicals and chlorine that are caustic to stainless steel. These products corrode the steel making it inclined to grime.
- stay away from exceedingly hard water when cleaning up. Hard water can allow for mineral build-up as well as a streak.
Ways to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
There is a range of products as well as techniques to polish and clean stainless appliances. Following are techniques you can polish the appliances:
1. Making use of mixed of vinegar and olive oil
This easy blend of vinegar and olive oil will be able to polish and eliminate limescale and rust to flawlessness.
- place white vinegar in a spraying bottle
- sprinkle onto the area. You can additionally employ the vinegar onto a microfiber fabric
- rub in the way of the grain
- as soon as clean, put some drops of mineral or olive oil to a microfiber cloth as well as polish in the way of the grain. In case extra oil stays, wipe away with a clean fabric.
2. Making use of mild dish soap as well as water
- utilizing hot water and moderate dishwashing fluid, wipe in the position of the grain.
- wash using a thoroughly clean cloth wet in hot water to help eliminate all soap deposits.
- Dry it out with a smooth fabric to avoid water spots
- clean with a little amount of olive oil or baby oil
3. Commercial stainless steel cleaner
You can additionally take advantage a particularly designed cleaning device to polish and clean your stainless steel appliances.
- apply the product on the appliance then let it soak for up to a couple of minutes
- clean with a polish non-abrasive fabric
- make certain to follow the guidelines written on the item considering the cleaners may differ
Stainless steel appliances are terrific as well as never get outdated. And with the techniques and methods above, you can take them polish and shining, and increase their lifetime. In the event that you are planning to include stainless steel Brisbane kitchen bar in your home, turn to the masters of designing and installing kitchen utilities that have made hundreds of ideas a reality for many customers, that is A1 Custom Stainless & Kitchens. If you have any queries regarding our services or the products that we have to offer, you can always call us on 07 3888 7534.
Set up fire suppression systems
An automated fire suppression system stimulates in the occasion of fire. As soon as activated it protects the nearby region with fire or water quelling chemical substances. As a result of of this, a fire suppression system is amongst your best protection against fire. Nonetheless, these systems do require maintenance. With no regular servicing, systems can come to be less reliable or even unsafe. So make sure that your system is constantly examined and maintained by an expert service-person.
Keep fire extinguishers & fire blankets within simple reach
Whenever a grease flare-up occurs, you or your personnel might have only moments to take action. By controlling the fire early on, you may end it from dispersing further. For this reason it is important that fire blankets and fire extinguishers are close to you.. There are a range of regulations pertaining to the kinds of fire blankets and fire extinguishers needed by commercial kitchens. There are additionally requirements for maintenance and storage.
Sustain your electrical equipment
Worn wires and damaged wires is frequently difficult to spot, particularly if it is behind hefty equipment or storage objects. Frequently it will take pro-service-person to precisely evaluate and successfully rectify electrical issues. That will make maintenance of electrical systems a necessity.
Prepare your members of staff for fire
A lot of your fire avoidance hardware is just as good as the individuals running it. If your staff members are not skilled and well-informed about what to do during a fire, then equipment might not be utilized efficiently. To protect yourself from issues in an emergency circumstance, make sure that your employees understand how to perfectly use fire blankets, fire extinguishers and other devices. It is in addition worth pinning easy, user-friendly guidelines close to fire-fighting equipment. This will assist your staff members to end the fire ahead it spreads.
Immediately clean up spilt grease
When oil spills, have it cleaned out by staff members immediately. Oil remaining on floor surfaces, wall space or work surfaces could be incredibly unsafe. Not simply is it a fire threat it can additionally trigger falls and other work environment incidents. You have to make it a rule of thumb within your kitchen space – whenever there is a spillage, clean it up right away!
Have a fire plan
it is still essential to develop a fire plan, should in spite of these safety standards, a fire occurs. A fire plan requires to consist of a simplified list of guidelines that workforce can conform to (if likely) contain the fire. Apart from directions on how to evacuate staff members and customers, emergency exits must also be well noticeable and well recognized.
Install Exhaust Canopies
Achieving proper ventilation inside a commercial kitchen is a challenge for many because of the huge requirements of airflow that needs to be circulated in the area. We at A1 Custom Stainless & Kitchens are experts when it comes to exhaust canopies. We have installed everything from the most basic canopies to masterpieces made of stainless steel with vents for airflow.
You do not have to be worried about our quality of service—we have a track record of building and installing hundreds of these over the years which gives us immense experience and know-how. In addition, our prices are the most competitive in the market that enables us to deliver the best products at affordable rates. For better management of kitchen, air contact us today for a free quote. If you have any queries regarding our services, feel free to call us on 07 3888 7535.